The AHHA and LEI Group have come together to offer Australia’s premium online course in Health Economics. Certified by the University of Ontario, one of Canada’s leading Universities, this course provides graduates with the essential skills to analyse and evaluate typical resource allocation problems, involving health and healthcare.
What will it do for Me?
- Develops sought after skills in Health Economic Evaluation
- Provides a toolkit to understand and communicate the value for money, affordability and uncertainty of competing options
- Equips individuals with skills and knowledge to better confront workplace challenges
- Increases graduates’ earning potential
- Access to a peer network
- Mentor support by health economist academics
- Certified by the University of Ontario
What will it do for my Organisation?
- Realise your Organisation’s true potential by empowering your team to make positive changes in the decision making process
- The training and development of an in-house resource to aid in interpreting policies and analysing trade-offs using Health Economic Evaluation techniques
- A new approach in addressing problem solving
- A better understanding of implications of key resource allocation decisions.
What makes this course different?
- Certification from the University of Ontario, Institute of Technology
- Opportunity to network with Peers and Mentors
- Qualification in 13 weeks
- Expert advice and insights from leading mentors with 20+ years’ of Health Economics, Health Policy and Healthcare Decision making experience
- Online access to the program from your mobile phone, tablet and other digital devices
What key topics are covered in this course?
This online course introduces you to the discipline of Heath Economics and the practical tools and techniques.
The course will cover the following key concepts:
- Key concepts in Health Economics and Health Economic evaluation
- Application of Health Economics to decision making, project evaluation and value communication within Healthcare organizations
- Applied methods of economic evaluation
- Modelling potential scenarios and budget impact
Who should enrol?
Healthcare professionals, practitioners and administrators who wish to learn how to understand and apply health economics to improve decision making, project evaluation, policy analysis and value communication
In particular, those working in:
- Finance/administration/commissioning in healthcare organisations/networks
- Healthcare policy and advocacy
- Medical devices and pharmaceutical sectors
- Healthcare research and evaluation
For more information or to enrol, visit the Online Health Economics website.