Employment Type Fixed Term Full Time
Enterprise Agreement The Named NSW (Non-Declared) Affiliated Health Organisations' Professional & Associated Staff Agreement 2009
Position Grade Counsellor Level 1 to Level 2
Salary $59,681.85 to $86,465.11
Hours per Week 38
All applicants are required to address the following Selection Criteria in their application:
- Personal integrity and demonstrated commitment to the Philosophy, Mission and Values of Mary Aikenhead Ministries
- To be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background. An applicant’s race is a genuine occupation qualification and is authorised by Section 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW). Confirmation of Aboriginality will be required.
- Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures as well as an understanding of the health and welfare needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrated experience in working constructively with Aboriginal communities and personnel
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in psychology, social work or other relevant behavioural sciences and eligibility for membership of the relevant professional association
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with Aboriginal people on sensitive matters
- Demonstrated clinical experience including assessment, brief interventions and counselling of clients with drug and alcohol problems and co-existing mental health issues along with demonstrated understanding of harm reduction and strengths based approaches in working with substance use
- Demonstrated high level written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills, along with high level computer skills including Microsoft Office and Patient Record Systems
For further information and to submit an application please go to https://stvincentshealthnetworksydney.mercury.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?id=CzyKpg/omUQ=&jbc=ere