The Director of Palliative Care is responsible for the provision of leadership and direction of Palliative Care Services at Calvary Mater Newcastle, ensuring that strategic, operational, planning and clinical governance requirements are met and that Palliative Care service delivery is safe, effective and appropriate.
The Director of Palliative Care also provides clinical guidance and professional leadership across Hunter New England Local Health District.
- A Primary Medical Degree registerable with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (accredited by the Specialist Advisory Committee in Palliative Care) or
- Fellowship of the Australasian Chapter of Palliative Medicine or equivalent recognised by Calvary Mater Newcastle
- Demonstrated capacity in the efficient and effective day to day management of a teaching hospital Palliative Care Department / Service
- Demonstrated capability to negotiate and implement change
- Commitment to undergraduate and post graduate teaching and research
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work within a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated experience in the management of complaints and conflict, commitment to quality improvement and own personal and professional development
- Commitment to the philosophy, mission and values of Little Company of Mary Health Care (LCMHC) as it applies to the Hospital and the ability and desire to uphold these values
To apply now please follow the link below and search for the position using the reference number #14512: https://calvary.mercury.com.au/