AHHA facilitates a number of networks, each aimed at promoting collaboration and providing opportunities for likeminded organisations and individuals to build networks around a specific topic.
The Mental Health Network has been established to provide opportunities to share information and expertise around mental health initiatives with a focus on primary health care. To achieve this, the Network will:
- Hold four face to face meetings a year to:
- Hear presentations on innovative solutions and programs relating to the delivery of mental health services
- Directly network with others involved with the delivery of mental health services
- Encourage inter-disciplinary and cross-sector dialogue as it relates to mental health services
- Host all presentations delivered at these meetings on this website to promulgate information sharing
- Specifically highlight the programs and work being undertaken by the Primary Health Networks as their role and scope with regards to mental health programs is announced and clarified
Information gathered through the Network may influence and inform AHHA’s advocacy activities. However, the Network itself is designed to facilitate the sharing of information and is not an advocacy forum.
Membership is open to all AHHA stakeholders with an interest in mental health.
Members may be representatives of government agencies, community and private sector organisations, academics or other individuals with relevant expertise. Membership is not available to pharmaceutical companies.
To join the network contact Lisa Robey on 02 6162 0780
The Mental Health Network will meet 4 times a year. The scheduled meetings are:
Further information about the meetings including registration details and agendas will be provided closer to the meeting date.