The Australian health system has been under close scrutiny with a number of Government reviews aiming to reform the delivery and funding of healthcare services. But with so much attention focused on the system we currently have, what of the challenges likely to be faced in healthcare just over the horizon, in the near future but beyond usual planning timeframes?
The think tank provided an opportunity for guests attending to hear presentations from those within the health sector, to talk to experts, hear about insights and opinions from our panel presenters, and contribute to a discussion about how to work together towards challenges likely to be faced in healthcare just over the horizon.
The speakers were:
- Kathy Bell, Policy Adviser, Alzheimer's Australia
- Associate Professor Christopher Carter, Chief Executive Officer, Melbourne Primary Care Network
- Nigel Fidgeon, Chief Executive Officer, Merri Community Health Service
- Martin Haigh, Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Professor Kirsten McCaffery, University of Sydney
- Dr Sarah Meachem, President, Australian Society for Medical Reearch
- Dr Bronwyn Morkham, National Director, Young People in Nursing Homes National Alliance
- Dr Paul Nicolarakis, Chief Executive Officer, Lorica Health
- Annette Owttrim, GM - Health Solutions, Aspen Medical
- Therese Tierney, Chief Executive Officer, Bairnsdale Regional Health Service
- Danny Vadasz, Chief Executive Officer, Health Issues Centre