BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Full Time (75 hours per fortnight)
Based in Canberra, ACT
Marathon Health is a profit-for-purpose that delivers the best coordinated healthcare in regional Australia.
In order to provide more people with easier access to smarter healthcare, we are seeking an experienced Business Development specialist to fill this newly created opportunity.
You will be responsible for securing new and sustainable business for Marathon Health by developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing funding partners, and/or increasing the flow of consumers into our new clinics.
Grant applications, proposal writing and contract renewal form part of the remit, as well as proactively presenting and pursuing funding for new initiatives. Depending on your experience and contacts, you may take the lead in developing relationships with philanthropic, corporate or government partners, or with other health providers and consumers.
The ability to deliver new business opportunities through stakeholder engagement; strategic and creative thinking; and a proactive approach in times of change will see you excel in this position.
Reporting to the Executive level as part of a small team, this role is a crucial contributor to the success of Marathon Health at a time of constant change.
An employer of choice, we offer generous employee conditions including 5 weeks annual leave and paid leave over the Christmas / NYE break. As an employee of a registered charity, our staff have access to salary packaging of up to $15,900 tax free p.a. A salary in the range of $75-95k plus super will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
It is expected that candidates meet the following minimum criteria:
- Commitment to our ICARE values.
- Preparedness and ability to work against a backdrop of change and ambiguity.
- Current Drivers' License and willingness to travel in NSW / ACT, including overnight.
Note the following selection criteria must be addressed for your application to be considered:
- Demonstrated ability to deliver new business opportunities through stakeholder engagement activities.
- Proven strength in formal writing and submissions.
- Demonstrated strategic and creative thinking.
- Current connections in one or more of the following arenas: Philanthropy; Corporate CSR and shared value; Government (Federal, State, Local); Aboriginal health; and/or Consumer and healthcare provider relationships (fee-for-service).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work in a team environment whilst also working autonomously.
- Sound computer skills, especially Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience in Government relations.
- Experience in leading and/or contributing to marketing campaigns.